Terms & Conditions
By making a booking through our website you are agreeing to these terms and conditions
- Check-in is between 3pm and 7pm on the day of arrival; however, you are welcome to drop off any luggage in the morning by prior arrangement. If you will be arriving outside of these times, please contact us to make alternative arrangements.
- Please check-in at the main Stableside reception, where you will be greeted and registered with keys.
- Car & coach parking is available onsite and is free of charge. Please observe all traffic and speed restrictions around the hotel.
- Departing guests must remove all belongings from their room and check-out before 11am. After this time, guests may store luggage behind reception. Please note, late check-outs will incur a charge of £30.
- All rates are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate.
- All rooms and rates are subject to availability.
School, Student & Groups Bookings
- For school, student and group bookings, please contact us directly on 01904 709174 or email email@example.com
- A group is classified as more than 8 people and cannot be reserved online. Different terms and conditions will apply, and you will be advised of these at the time of booking or enquiry.
Payment and Cancellation Policies
- All bookings (telephone, email, or walk-ins) will require valid credit card details when making your reservation. This will guarantee your booking.
- If your booking is being paid for using a third-party credit card, we will require written authorisation by the cardholder.
- All payments must be made in the Great British Pound (GBP).
- We offer no credit facilities. All payments must be paid in accordance with the conditions.
- If any payment under these terms and conditions are not met, without prejudice to our other rights, we may cancel your booking, and/or suspend the supply and/or deliveries of any other services provided. We will inform you in writing prior to any action.
Advanced Purchased Bookings
- Full payment is required at time of booking. We will charge your card shortly after the reservation is made. The reservation will only be guaranteed when the full payment is received. Advance purchase bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Flexible rate bookings
- Full payment is required at the time of booking. We will charge your card shortly after the reservation is made. The reservation will only be guaranteed when the full payment is received. Flexible rate bookings can be cancelled with a full refund up to 24 hours before the date of arrival. Any flexible rate bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the arrival date will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
School, Student & Group Bookings
- A £10 non-refundable deposit per person is required on booking.
- Full Payment must be received 2 weeks prior to arrival. If a booking is made with less than 2 weeks to arrival, full payment will be required immediately.
- All cancellations must be made no later than 2 weeks prior to arrival. If a booking has been made where arrival is less than 2 weeks, a free cancellation will not be accepted.
- Any group bookings that are cancelled within 2 weeks of arrival will receive a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay, and all subsequent nights, if any, will be cancelled.
- Any amendments to your booking must be made at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival. We will do our best to accommodate your amendments subject to availability.
- Early departures are not eligible for refund under any circumstances.
Age Restriction & Room Allocation
- Bookings cannot be accepted from any person under the age of 18, unless they are accompanied by an adult (18+) who is staying in the same room.
- Families with children under the age of 16 are welcome. Please note, our drop-down bunks are unsuitable for children under the age of 6 and any person who weighs more than 75kg.
- At Stableside, we work hard to allocate rooms that suit our guests’ best interests. If you have any particular room requests, you contact us following your booking on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Groups may have to share facilities with others. All rooms in our main building have an en-suite. All rooms on the first floor (including our Recreation Room) do not have lift access. If you require a room with wheelchair access, please inform us at the time of booking. All rooms in our Annexe building have a private wash basin only with separate shared shower facilities and toilet cubicles. Your room will be allocated at the time of booking.
- The comfort, safety and security of our guests is of paramount importance. Any guest who threatens the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff and/or local residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be offered a refund.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused deliberately. This can be negligent or reckless acts of a guest to the Hotels property or structure. If damage comes to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. However, we will make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should we discover that an item is missing after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests’ credit / debit card or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Stableside buildings. Any guest found smoking within the building will be charged a fee of £200.00 in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring the room to a smoke-free condition. Further failure to comply will result in the guest being asked to leave the premises immediately and a refund will not be offered.
- All non-paying guests are prohibited from guest bedrooms at all times.
- It is the guest's responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are secure at all times.
- Stableside York accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
- Stableside York shall only store and use information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out our contract with you and to inform you of other services and offers that we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at Stableside York, Tadcaster Road, Dringhouses, York, YO24 1QG.
Oversights & Errors
- Any oversights or errors in sales literature, web pages or site, order form, quotation, price list, order acknowledgement, invoice or other document issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
- All bookings are subject to availability and Stableside York reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion.